Wednesday 11 January 2017

Space Pirate Trainer



Space pirate trainer is pretty cool.  You stand on a platform with 2 guns shooting a bunch of small droids.  The guns can change into a number of different types of weapons including a shotgun, a grenade launcher, a strange tractor beam rope weapon, and a shield which I found to be the most useful.

This is a game that is better in small doses or shared with others.  The game even has a designated party mode if you want to hide the menus entirely and open a fresh local scoreboard.

I almost feel like this is a game a person could get in shape playing.  It starts off easy but you spend a lot of time waving your arms around and dodging bullets.  If you don't want to exercise though I did find a surprisingly effective strategy of sitting on the floor with my shield up like a turtle and shooting droids from cover.

On another note, it might be cool if you could get some gloves as controllers since I'm finding that I'm spending a lot of time reaching for the ground or the walls.  It'd be nice to go hand-first rather than controller first.  I've only had the thing for a week and I've already scratched the controllers just slightly.  I also feel like it's unlikely they'd be able to support my weight if I had to use them to break a fall.

Looks like at least one company is working on this already.

Anyways it's a good demonstration for VR and you can have some fun with it.  I do think at $17 it might be a little overpriced though.  Check it out here if you're interested.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment